Sunday, March 15, 2009

Getting Older

There is a saying that goes "You know you are getting old when its your knees that go Snap, Crackle, Pop in the morning and not your cereal." Well...at 35 I am beginning to understand that...

I have long understood I am not the spring chicken I once was. My body aches after a day of softball (usually 2-3 games) and my knees give me some problems after I hike. But I love being outdoors doing all that Seattle has to offer...so I deal with it. It is very much worth having to pop some Advil after a day of fun in the sun (assuming we actually see it here in Seattle).

So my birthday was this past Friday (the 13th...and yes...I am superstitious about it). I got a lot of Happy Birthdays (especially from family...I am reconnecting to many distant family members through Facebook) and was happy for that. I missed spending the day with my sweetie since I had to work all day.

The highlight of my birthday weekend was last night spending time with friends. We geeked out playing Rock Band, watching Mamma Mia! (one of my fave movies...it is just a fun flick!) and playing card games. A total geek night...which I love to do.

I may be getting older but I have a circle of friends that makes me feel blessed. Two of them have been with me since I lived in Chicago (they live here in Seattle now) and the rest I have known for about 5 years or more. They have all been with me through thick and thin...sharing good times and bad.

I know this is a kinda generic post...but I woke up this morning in a mood that I wanted to say something about my weekend and that I feel lucky to have great friends and the like.

No comments:

Post a Comment